Genworth and its employees are committed to improving the communities where we live and work by supporting employee causes and being a catalyst for community change.
Genworth Australia provides grants to Australian not-for-profit organisations that are addressing key social issues, promoting collaboration and partnership, and making sustainable long-term impacts. Our focus areas are those that align with our business, including affordable housing, homelessness, education and basic needs.
Not-for-profit organisations interested in applying should carefully review the following grant criteria and eligibility requirements to ensure their grant request aligns with our goals and objectives. Throughout this process, we hope to make the best use of the organisation’s limited resources.
2020/2021 grant applications
Grant applications are by invitation only. If your organisation has not received funding previously and would like to be considered for an invitation after review of the grant criteria and eligibility requirements below, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Open: 1 October 2020
Deadline: 31 October 2020
General criteria for evaluation
General criteria for evaluation include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated need/opportunity for proposed project
- Organisation history and leadership capability
- Track record of implementing effective programs
- Financial position and sources of income
- Ability to generate sustainable, measurable outcomes
- Willingness to partner and collaborate with others
- Overall strength and clarity of the proposal and supporting documents
- Geographic area for consideration within Australia
All applicants must be a not-for-profit and be endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) to offer tax deductions on donations - called deductible gift recipients (DGRs). All applicants must not discriminate on the basis of a person's race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
Grants will not be made to:
- Political, unions, fraternal/social organizations or civic clubs
- Religious organisations
- Third parties seeking donations on behalf of not-for-profit organizations
- Sports, athletic, recreational or little leagues
- Advertising activities
- Development or production of books, films, videos, radio or TV programs
- Private foundations (corporate or family)
- Endowments or memorials