Genworth employee dedicate time to volunteering programs with our community partners. The enthusiasm and the impact of our employee's efforts continues to be truly remarkable as they offer their time, energy, creativity and expertise to help our community partners and the clients they serve.
In addition to a variety of volunteer opportunities, Genworth offers a number of programs that allow employees to support a community partner of their choice.
Month of service
While our people continually make a difference all year round, during the month of June, employees from around the globe participate in planned volunteering activities. Reaching out and giving back to our communities is a unifying experience that connects employees from all business locations for one common goal – making a difference.
The Workplace Giving program is a way for staff to provide funding support to Genworth’s community partners. This program aims to build on Genworth’s current partnerships with charitable organisations.
This program allows employees to take a paid day off work to volunteer for a registered charity of their choice.
Employee sponsored donations
Employee sponsored donations is a new program for 2017. Employees will have the opportunity to apply for a donation of $200-$3000 to be given to a charity of their choice for a specific event, activity, program or campaign. The aim of this program is to provide employees with the opportunity to support organisations that are close to their heart.
Milestone anniversary donations
Milestone anniversary donations celebrate the 10, 15, 20 year anniversaries of employees at Genworth. They elect a registered charity and Genworth makes a donation of $1000 on their behalf.
- Over 38% of Genworth employees dedicated time to volunteering programs with our community partners. Our goal for 2017 is 50%
- 680+ hours of employees volunteering in Genworth sponsored events and countless additional hours of their own time
- 35 volunteer events of the corporate calendar
- 45% of Genworth volunteer activities are dedicated to housing, shelter and homelessness
- 44% of Genworth volunteer activities are dedicated to education and youth development.