Making a complaint
If you have experienced a problem, or if you have any concerns about a Genworth product or service, we would like to hear from you.
You can tell us about your concerns either by telephone, email, fax or letter.
To help us assist you with your concerns, we ask that you:
- Provide all the supporting documents relevant to the complaint;
- State the questions you would like us to answer; and
- Tell us what you think would be a reasonable response to your complaint.
Once we receive your complaint, we will assign the complaint to the Complaint Resolution Contact Point, who will:
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours;
- Gather relevant information and investigate your complaint;
- Consider the most effective course of resolution;
- Communicate and discuss our findings with you within 30 business days of receipt, and agree to a plan of action; and
- If a resolution cannot be reached, refer you an External Dispute Resolution scheme.
Phone: 1300 306 411
Fax: 1300 309 941
Mail: GPO BOX 3952, Sydney NSW 2001
We expect that we will completely resolve the issues you raise. If, despite our best efforts, you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with, you may wish to contact our External Dispute Resolution scheme, Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).
Australian Financial Complaints Authority:
Address: GPO Box 3 Melbourne Vic 3001
Phone: 1800 931 678
In New Zealand, Genworth is a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme.
Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme contact details:
Address: Freepost 231075 PO Box 5730 Wellington 6145 NEW ZEALAND
Phone: 0508 337 337
Fax: 04 918 4901
General Insurance Code of Practice
The General Insurance Code of Practice sets out a commitment by the general insurance industry, to aim for the best standards of service possible, and to promote better relations between customers and insurers.
It is the general insurance industry's promise to be open, fair and honest in the way it deals with customers.
Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 60 106 974 305) is committed to following the Code.
The Code is designed to raise customer service standards in the insurance industry and to protect the rights of policyholders. The Code specifically addresses the following areas:
- Buying insurance
- Claims handling
- Financial hardship
- Information and education
- Complaints and disputes
- Monitoring and enforcement of the Code.
Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between the Code and any Commonwealth, State or Territory law, that law prevails.
If you would like more information on the General Insurance Code of Practice, you can visit the Code website codeofpractice.com.au, or you can download a copy of the Code below.