Genworth’s Homebuyer Confidence Index report, Streets Ahead, is released biannually and outlines the changing attitudes and confidence levels of Australian Homeowners and Non-Property Owners about their mortgage and the overall property market.
Streets Ahead: Edition 8 – March 2014
71% of FHBs think the Australian dream of owning your own home is realistic, up from 63% in September 2013.
Some of the key highlights from the report include:
- National homebuyer confidence decreases slightly from 92.4 to 90.8
- 28% of homeowners struggled with mortgage repayments in the past year
- One in three prospective FHBs are finding it difficult to save for a deposit
- 71% of prospective FHBs think the dream of homeownership remains realistic
- 42% of Australians believe now is a good time to buy a home.