Genworth’s Homebuyer Confidence Index report, Streets Ahead, is released biannually and outlines the changing attitudes and confidence levels of Australian Homeowners and Non-Property Owners about their mortgage and the overall property market.
Streets Ahead: Edition 12 – March 2016
In this edition of Streets Ahead, Genworth’s national Homebuyer Confidence Index drops to 98.2 from 99.6 in September 2015, after three consecutive increases.
Some of the key findings include:
- National homebuyer confidence remains strong: dips for the first time since March 2014
- The belief that now is a good time to buy a home falls
- Accessibility continues to be the main barrier to purchasing a first home
- First homebuyer confidence decreases
- South Australians are the most confident, with falls in all other states.